Friday, February 27, 2015

Welcome to Tales from the Couch!!

Welcome friends new and old! I have decided to start a blog. Why you ask? Because I have something to say. No, seriously. I ALWAYS have something to say. Some people even pay me for my opinion and expertise!

Who exactly am I that people would actually dip into their pockets and pull out their hard earned cash money for my opinion? Well, let me tell you.

I am Rachel Winton. I am a licensed Social Worker with many different experiences. I have worked in the field of addiction and I am currently in the process of attaining my certification as an Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor. I also work with Homeless Veterans providing their initial assessment for their needs and eligibility for a grant program from the Veteran's Administration. In my professional career, I have two passions. I work with people who are seeking or who have had weight loss surgery, in many capacities. I conduct pre-op psych evals for weight loss surgery and do pre and postoperative counseling with the individual who is having the surgery and their families.  I also have also been certified in Cognitive Processing Therapy and work with people who have experienced and survived various traumas.

So you want to know what I am gonna be talking about, do ya?

Anything YOU want!

I am envisioning guest bloggers, interviews and some of my own pizzaz helping me to make Tales from the Couch everything and more!

Now that you know a little about me, feel free to comment below and tell me about YOU! Who are you and what brought you to my blog? What do you want to read about? What struggles do you have that you can use some advice on?

See you on my couch!
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment